One thing we sure love around this house is peanut butter. Even more so, peanut butter with chocolate. And whoever invented peanut butter Snickers…we probably love them, too.
Traditionally, on Valentine’s day I’d whip a batch of good old heart sugar cookies, but this year I decided to change it up and make Matt something a little extra special. Matt had been out of town the entire week for work. And after his flight was cancelled, due to the snowstorm sweeping up the coast, he decided to rent a car and make the long trek home to spend Valentine’s day with his beautiful (and ever so growing) wife…alright, really he just wanted to get home! Can you blame the guy?
Speaking of growing…here’s a picture to kickoff our 10 week countdown:
My feet are slowly disappearing…
Along with my ability to move gracefully….or at all.
And…surely this cheesecake isn’t helping, but it’s so darn good!
This cheesecake has all of the things we love.
A chewy, chocolatey brownie. Smooth, creamy peanut butter. Fluffy whipped cream. And peanut butter Snickers.
It’s pretty irresistible. You will want to eat the entire thing. And yes, a full glass of icy cold milk might be mandatory.
If you love chocolate and you love peanut butter…you will love this cheesecake.
1 box of your favorite brownie mix (I used Ghirardelli Dark Chocolate)
Ingredients needed to make brownies according to box (mine was 1 egg, 1/2 cup oil, 1/4 cup water)
*If you prefer a homemade brownie, go for it!
2-8oz packages of cream cheese, softened
2 eggs, room temperature
1/2 cup sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla bean paste (or vanilla)
1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
1 bag (11.5 oz) Mini Peanut Butter Snickers, quartered
Whipped Cream Topping:
3 cups heavy cream
1/4 cup powdered sugar
splash of clear vanilla
1. Line the bottom of a 9″ spring form pan with parchment paper and grease lightly with cooking spray. Wrap the bottom of
the pan with foil.
2. Prepare brownies according to directions on box.
3. Pour brownie batter into spring foam pan and bake according to box directions (325 degrees for 40-45 minutes).
It is important that you do not over bake your brownie.
While the brownie is baking, prepare the cheesecake filling:
4. In a large bowl, cream together cream cheese and sugar until light and fluffy.
5. Add eggs, vanilla, and peanut butter. Continue to until mixed and fluffy.
6. Fold in candies.
7. When the brownie has finished baking, carefully spread the cheesecake layer over the brownie layer. Return to the oven
and bake until the cheesecake is firm. I left my oven at 325 degrees and baked the cheesecake for 45 minutes. If your
brownie baked at a higher temperature, you will need to adjust your oven temperature or baking time.
8. Let layers cool completely before removing spring foam pan (don’t forget to remove the parchment paper from the
bottom). Chill in the refrigerator, preferably for 6 or more hours.
9. Just before serving, whip all ingredients together for whipped cream.
10. Top entire cheesecake with whipped cream (and sprinkles).
Recipe adapted from: Inside Brucrew Life
20 minutes on the elliptical, followed by…