For those of you out there that don’t eat breakfast, I don’t know how you do it. I pretty much go to bed thinking about breakfast. I actually pretty much think about my next meal, always. When I wake up, I immediately head to the kitchen because I’m beside myself with hunger. There’s a surprise.
Usually this involves several pans, some cracking of eggs, figuring out what to put with it, and washing the dishes. Who has time for that in the morning? I will notoriously rush around in the morning for the sake of a good breakfast. It’s nuts, really.
And that’s why I started making this.
This has kinda been my thing lately. Making breakfast for the week, reheating it in the morning, and feeling completely accomplished because it’s loaded with goodness and is D-E-L-I-C-I-O-U-S.
Eggs, sweet potatoes, corn, spinach, cheese, sausage.
Heck, you can fill it with whatever suits you. I’ve made this with butternut squash and zucchini, too.
And trust me, it’s easy. With a little prep on a Sunday, you’ll have a healthy and filling breakfast waiting for you each morning.
Ready? Load up a pie dish full of your pickings,
This dish will make anyone look forward to waking up in the morning.
- 6 eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 cup breakfast sausage, cooked and crumbled
- 1 sweet potato, peeled and sliced thinly
- 1 cup corn, thawed if frozen
- large handful or so of baby spinach
- 4 ounces cheese, shredded
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- sprinkle of salt and pepper
- Butter or spray a pie dish.
- Line with sliced sweet potatoes (bottom and edge).
- Fill with corn, cooked sausage, spinach, and cheese. Top with any remaining sweet potato slices.
- Whisk together eggs, milk, salt/pepper, and cayenne. The pour over ingredients in pie dish.
- Bake at 375 until set, about 25-30 minutes.
- To reheat, cover and place in microwave for approximately one minute.
- Serve with Sriracha or hot sauce.