My new site is complete and I couldn’t be more excited! A huge thanks to Freshy Sites for taking care of everything.
A lot has been happening in the time that I have been gone…including one rapidly growing, chunky monkey!-the baby, not me! Aright…well, maybe me too.
Lately, this has been one of the most beautiful sights to me…
That’s right…overly ripe, mushy, brown bananas. Do you know how hard it is to find such a good looking bunch of bananas at the grocery store? Trust me…I know…I’ve been searching. I have even stockpiled green ones on my counter, impatiently waiting to fill my freezer with bunches of mashed, brown bananas.
Why the strange obsession?
Ever since I whipped up these muffins a few weeks ago, I’ve been hooked. They are peanut buttery, chocolatey, banana-y(?)…and oh yea, good for you!
These little guys are packed with all things healthy that will keep you full and satisfied, without feeling the teeniest bit of guilt.
P.S.-they are also gluten free!
- 3 very ripe bananas, mashed
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 cups oat flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons ground flaxseed (optional)
- 1 cup walnuts, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a bowl, combine bananas, eggs, peanut butter, vanilla, maple syrup, and sugar.
- Add flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and flaxseed.
- Stir in walnuts and chocolate chips.
- Fill muffin pan fairly full.
- Bake 17-20 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean.