Oatmeal banana cookies…I’d like to think with a name like that they’d be pretty healthy!
Well…aside from the sugar, butter, and Reese’s Pieces…shhh.
I guess I am just hopeful that the rolled oats, banana, and pecans outweigh everything else. Yep-I am going with healthy. In fact, I’d say these little wonders would go perfectly with a nice hot cup of coffee or tea for breakfast, a cold glass of milk, or even a post workout snack-they do have protein after all (even if it’s mostly in candy form).
Oh forget it…
Or you could just eat these cookies anytime, because well…they are delicious! No reason needed.
A combination of a few fabulous flavors….soft banana bread, chewy oatmeal cookies, and of course peanut butter…these cookies will for sure make you smile.
Regardless of needing an excuse or not, I can assure you…these cookies won’t last long.
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 (3.4 oz) package instant vanilla pudding
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 large ripe banana
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup Reese's Pieces
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream butter, sugars, egg, and vanilla until fluffy.
- Add in banana and instant pudding.
- Add flour, salt, baking soda, and baking powder.
- Mix in oats, candies, and pecans until incorporated.
- Scoop golf ball sized cookies onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake 10-12 minutes, or until the bottoms of the cookies are lightly browned.
- Let cool on cookie sheet for 5 minutes and then transfer to a wire rack.
30 minute walk with Tank and Julianna