Avocados have recently been ranking at the top of my favorite foods list. They can be savory, they can be sweet, and they are oh-so creamy. Heeeellloooo you beautiful, versatile, healthy green fruit you. I think this love will surely last-at least for a long while. Especially with a smoothie like this.
This feel-super-good-power-start-to-your-morning smoothie is something that I am finding difficult to resist-probably a good thing, seeing how I have a pile of quickly ripening avocados chillin’ on my counter-why, why must they all ripen at once?!
I am an old fan of the green smoothie. We drink them. Every. single. morning. OK-except on the weekends when we splurge on breakfast sandwiches and muffins. Regardless-that’s a lot of green smoothies. Matt swears his five straight years of impeccable health directly correlates to his daily green concoction. I concur. So there is one powerful reason to drink up the green.
And if Matt can crave a green smoothie…you can, too. I promise!
Besides…how awesome might you feel knowing you slurped down some spinach for breakfast?! Alright, slurping spinach might not sound so appetizing, but it sure gives you a serious head start on the day’s veggie count-which btw, you won’t even taste! Woot, woot!
Now this isn’t our morning regular…but it’s going to be making its way to my blender more often…in order to change things up a bit (yes…you can drastically change up your green smoothie-for real!).
Pears, avocado, spinach, coconut milk…this smoothie wins. Breakfast, lunch, snack…heck, I’d even have this for dessert!
- 1 Bartlett pear (almost too ripe and preferably frozen), peeled and cored-canned pears would work just fine
- 1/2 avocado
- handful fresh baby spinach
- 8 ounces unsweetened coconut milk (or unsweetened coconut almond milk)
- 1/2 cup vanilla Greek yogurt
- smidge of honey (optional)
- 1 cup ice (optional)
- Place all ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth.
- You can slice pears ahead of time and place into serving size freezer bags along with yogurt. Place into blender when ready to make. Omit ice-as all of the frozen ingredients will create a frozen smoothie.